Dean’s Honours List
Dean’s Honours List
Published in June, the Dean's Honours List recognises high achieving undergraduate students in the UNSW Faculty of Engineering. Students who have maintained more than a Distinction average (cumulative myUNSW WAM of at least 75) are included on the Dean's Honours List. If they continue to achieve this level of academic excellence they can look forward to graduating with First Class Honours.
Who is eligible?
Students of the Faculty of Engineering who are currently completing an undergraduate degree who have at the end of Semester Two of the previous year:
- successfully completed a minimum of 48 Units of Credit at UNSW*, and
- completed at least 24 units of credit in the previous academic year*
Awards are NOT available to students who:
- have recorded a Fail,
- have completed the final year of an undergraduate degree within the UNSW Faculty of Engineering, and are Graduands.†
Selection is based on a student's overall cumulative myUNSW WAM. All courses undertaken, not only Engineering courses, are included in the calculation of a student's WAM.
A minimum overall cumulative myUNSW WAM of 75 (Distinction average) is required to be eligible for a Dean's Honours List.
Awards in each School will be distributed evenly across all stages.
- Stage 1 status is reached when 48 units of credit are completed.
- Stage 2 status is normally reached when 96 units of credit are completed (minimum of 93 units of credit required).
- Stage 3 status is normally reached when 144 units of credit are completed (minimum of 141 units of credit required).
- Stage 4 status is normally reached when 192 units of credit are completed (minimum of 189 units of credit required.**
Students may only be included on the Dean's Honours List once for each Stage.
For more information, please email us.
* Industrial training/experience and exchange are not counted as 'completed' units of credit.
† Graduates, instead, are considered for Honours and the university medal.
** Only applicable for combined programs eg. BE/BSc, BE/BCom or BE/BE. This does not apply to BE/MBiomed programs as stage 4 of these program is at the Masters level.