Postgraduate degrees in Mining Engineering
Flexible options to support your study experience
If you are passionate about Mining Engineering we want you to study with us. That’s why at the School of Mining Engineering at UNSW we’ve developed coursework Postgraduate programs that are both flexible and accessible. We know mining engineering is an exciting and eventful career and we are committed to supporting your study experience with a combination of block-courses and distance delivery options.
Block courses are generally structured as intensive one-week programs made up of interactive lectures and group-project work. These are followed by several weeks of assessments and web forums (off-campus study) to complete a major project.
Of course, we recommend you attend as many face-to-face block courses as you can to increase your engagement level with our academics and other students.
We are the largest and most respected mining school in the English-speaking world so demand for our Postgraduate Courses is very high. To give yourself the best chance of success, early application (step 1) and enrolment (step 2) is essential.
Why study Postgraduate Mining Engineering at UNSW
There are many benefits to studying a Postgraduate Coursework program at the School of Mining Engineering at UNSW, here are just a few:
- Extend your knowledge through introductory and highly specialised courses.
- Access world-class and experienced lecturers as well as guest speakers from the industry.
- Benefit from the largest comprehensive postgraduate coursework programs in mining engineering in Australia.
- Establish links with fellow students and form a network that will serve you well throughout your career.
- Access superior learning facilities and systems.
- Develop key transferable skills such as problem-solving, research and analysis, teamwork, project management and communication.
- Enhance your career options by complementing and expanding your existing knowledge.
- Open new career opportunities through retraining.
- Help you stand out in a competitive job market.
Mining Engineering Postgraduate Coursework Programs
At the School of Mining Engineering at UNSW we offer a number of Postgraduate Coursework Programs in the levels of Graduate Certificate, Graduate Diploma and Master Degree.
Available degrees include:
- Graduate Certificate in Mining Engineering (MINE7335* local students only)
- Graduate Diploma in Mining Engineering (MINEFS5040)
- Master of Mining Engineering (Mine Management - MINEOS8058)
- Master of Mining Engineering (Mine Geomechanics - MINEISS8058)
Other graduate diplomas include:
- Graduate Diploma in Mine Ventilation (MINE5045)
- Graduate Diploma in Coal Mine Strata Control (MINESS5040)
- Graduate Diploma in Ground Control (MINEGS5040)
You can download our calendar of Postgraduate Coursework Programs
To study a Postgraduate Coursework Program at the School of Mining Engineering at UNSW you need to fall into one of the categories listed below:
- You have a degree in mining engineering.
- You have a degree from another engineering or physical science discipline.
- You are a mining industry employee with relevant experience and work responsibilities.
- You have a degree in other technical disciplines such as surveying, business or IT.
Find out more about Studying at UNSW