Academic & campus information for Students
In this section you can find guidelines for undergraduate, postgraduate coursework and postgraduate research students, as well as information on the School's Workplace Health and Safety requirements and the Tyree Building Emergency Control Organisation.
Information for undergraduate engineering students about your
- academic reports
- policies on plaguarism and safety and more
- guidelines for how to submit an assignment and
- guides for getting started at UNSW.
- rules and expectations of students
- guidelines for submitting assignments and thesis
- a guide for incoming students unfamiliar with UNSW
- workplace health and safety policies and
- how your academic progress is measured.
Workplace Health and Safety
As you can appreciate, engineering students are working with complex theories and at time equipment. It is not uncommon for Petroleum engineering students to find themselves on oil drilling sites or gas exploration adventures as well as working with chemicals and materials in a laboratory. As such, it is important that students follow workplace health & safety guidelines.
Each School has assigned Fire Wardens & First Aid Officers. The School of Petroleum Engineering, its staff and students, also participates in regular safety training and drills. In these pages you will find information about how to report a hazard or emergecy and the equipment you need to wear when working in these environments.