Photovoltaic and Renewable Energy Engineering facilities
The Centre for Photovoltaic Engineering has established some of the best laboratory facilities internationally for silicon solar cell research. These include the Photovoltaics Research Laboratories, the Device Characterisation Laboratory, the Optoelectronic Research area, the Thin-Film Cell Laboratory, an industry collaborative laboratory, and a thin-film cleanroom facility at Botany. The Centre also owns equipment within, and has access to, the Semiconductor Nanofabrication Facility (SNF) at the University.
Laboratory facilities include:
- Photovoltaics Research Laboratories
- Device Characterisation Laboratory
- Optoelectronic research area
- Thin-film cell laboratory
- Semiconductor Nanofabrication Facility (SNF)
- Industry collaborative laboratory
- Cleanroom facility, Bay Street, Botany
These facilities are housed at the Tyree Energy Technologies Building which has won multiple awards.