Who we are
The Redback Racing team competes in Formula SAE/Formula Student competitions, which are designed to improve the quality of engineering graduates through practical experience. Students are challenged to apply the knowledge they learned in their studies to the design and manufacture of a full-sized racing car.
Formula SAE/Formula Student is the largest student engineering design competition in the world, with over 500 teams from multiple continents competing to win multiple events around the world held each year. Redback Racing competes against other leading universities from countries such as Australia, New Zealand, Spain, Japan, Poland, Malaysia and India.
Major goals and achievements
- 2017 – 4th place overall in Formula SAE-A Competition (IC Class)
- 2016, 2015, 2013 and 2012 – 1st place in Formula SAE-A: Cost Effective Vehicle event
- 2017 and 2014 – 2nd place in Formula SAE-A: Cost Effective Vehicle event
- 2012 – 6th place overall in Formula SAE-A Competition
- 2006 – 3rd place overall in Formula SAE-A Competition
- 2000 – 1st place overall in Formula SAE-A Competition