- Our schools
- Study with us
- Girls in Engineering Club
- Double degrees
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) - program rules
- Engineering (Honours) / Engineering Science Dual Award
- Flexible First Year
- Aerospace Engineering (Honours)
- Bioinformatics Engineering (Honours)
- Biomedical Engineering (Masters)
- Chemical Product Engineering (Honours)
- Chemical Engineering (Honours)
- Civil Engineering (Honours)
- Civil Engineering with Architecture (Honours)
- Computer Science
- Computer Engineering (Honours)
- Electrical Engineering (Honours)
- Environmental Engineering (Honours)
- Food Science (Honours)
- Mechanical Engineering (Honours)
- Mechatronic Engineering (Honours)
- Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering (Honours)
- Mining Engineering (Honours)
- Petroleum Engineering (Honours)
- Photovoltaics and Solar Energy Engineering (Honours)
- Renewable Energy Engineering (Honours)
- Software Engineering (Honours)
- Surveying (Honours)
- Telecommunications (Honours)
- Admission Requirements
- Postgraduate Research Degrees
- Fee Information for Postgraduate Coursework
- Biomedical Engineering Degrees
- Chemical and Food Science Engineering Degrees
- Civil and Environmental Engineering Degrees
- Earth Science Engineering Degrees
- Electrical Engineering Degrees
- Energy Engineering Degrees
- Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering Degrees
- Multidisciplinary Degrees
- Master of Information Technology
- Future Students
- Why UNSW Engineering?
- Science and Engineering Indigenous Pre-Program
- Student Opportunities
- Degree fees
- Faculty of Engineering Admissions Scheme (FEAS)
- UNSW Events
- Guaranteed Entry for admission to UNSW
- Ranking and Reputation
- Adjustment Factors
- Assumed knowledge for Engineering
- How to Apply
- Open Day
- Campus Life
- Ask a Question
- Student Experience
- Student Resources
- Academic Information
- Career Information
- How can we help?
- About us
Meet the Professors – 8 October
8 October 2019 - 3:30pm to 4:30pm
UNSW GATE 9 The Chancellery - Council Chambers Kensington Sydney, NSW 2052
The 2019 Meet the Professors series is a wonderful chance for students and staff to celebrate the careers and achievements of our newly promoted and recruited professors. Our speakers will share their specialist knowledge and provide insights into ‘what’ and ‘who’ influenced their lives and careers.
Professor Tracie Barber, School of Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering
Lecture: From race car aerodynamics to blood flows
What use is an aerodynamicist at a conference full of renal nurses? In my research I use the knowledge I gained from working in race car aerodynamics to understand and optimise practical problems related to vascular flows. My group works with surgeons, nurses and doctors, to understand clinical issues. We use laser based experimental techniques and high performance computing to provide engineering based solutions, giving our clinical colleagues a different type of insight to the problem.
Professor Nalini Pather, School of Medical Sciences
Lecture abstract to follow
PLEASE CHECK HOW TO ARRIVE TO THE VENUE
Location: The Chancellery, Council Chambers (C22), UNSW Sydney, Kensington.
For more Information on how to get to UNSW please click here.
Venue Name: The Chancellery, Council Chambers
Wheelchair Accessible I Accessible Toilet I Accessible drop off zone
Any guests attending events can be dropped off directly out the front of the main entrance. Vehicles need to arrive via High Street, Gate 9. Vehicles need to follow the road speed limit.
There is accessible parking near the venue. However, these parking bays are subject to availability. Please refer to B23 on the MAP.
Additional Information: A wheelchair pathway to the main entrance is available.
View the interactive map showing accessible access and parking options on Kensington Campus.
View the Access map as a downloadable PDF.