The Maker Games
The Maker Games is an industry based prototyping competition. The goal is to work in cross disciplinary teams to solve an industry challenge of your choice.
You will be given the opportunity to meet and then pitch your solution to your targeted industry partner. Successful pitches will then receive mentorship and funding to build a working prototype.
To enter, undergraduate students must have successfully completed 96 UOC and postgraduate students must have completed 24 UOC by the beginning of semester 2, 2018.
Why enter The Maker Games?
• WIN a trip to the USA - All expenses paid visit to booming start-up communities
• Entrepreneurship mentoring and b espoke shop tool workshops exclusive to The Maker Games
• Develop your skills in design thinking and product development
• Industry networking - Solve a real-world Industry Challenge with dedicated mentors
• Earn course credit - Successful team pitches will be invited to enrol in ENGG4060 Student-initiated projects course (6 UoC) which can count as a discipline elective course. A minimum of three team members in each team must be enrolled in ENGG4060 for Semester 2, 2018.
• Build networks - Make lifelong friendships and start to build the networks that will help you build your career
For more information, and to view The Maker Games FAQs and the Terms and Conditions, please visit the Makers Games website.
The official registration will open on 9th of April.
For more information click here