AUGUST CHALLENGE: WALGETT COMMUNITY SEATING
Your Challenge is to design outdoor community seating for the Walgett community garden!
When creating your design think about:
- How will your design allow people to have a group conversation?
- How big is your seating structure going to be? How many people will it accommodate?
- Where will the seating be in the garden? How important is shade?
- How durable is your seating structure? Will it last in different temperatures and weathers?
- Think about using sustainable and recycled materials – consider recycled plastic, reclaimed wood, even 44-gallon drums!
The winning entry will be shared with the Walgett community to consider for their garden – so who knows? You might be a part of changing people’s lives in a remote community. How good would that feel?
And of course … There will also be prizes for the best three designs.
Learn more about the project here:
Image to the right water colour design for the Walgett Garden by Melinda Wimborne, UNSW Engineering Makerspace Manager