Engineering Construction and Management
The Engineering Construction and Management Group is Australia’s oldest, largest and leading engineering construction research group. Internationally recognised, the Group is the originator of engineering construction and management postgraduate programs in Australia and one of the first worldwide.
The Engineering Construction and Management Group undertakes advanced theoretical and experimental research and is a significant contributor to new research knowledge on an international scale in:
- construction technology
- construction management and project management and delivery
- planning and risk management
- contracts and legal studies
- economics and finance
- measurements and quality
- field and laboratory
- people management
- systems studies
- problem solving
- Construction 3D printing
- Sustainability in Construction
- Waste valorisation and circular economy
Research staff and students
The academic staff in the Engineering Construction and Management Group have an impressive breadth of interests and are world leaders in their chosen specialities.
You can also view the list of Engineering Construction and Management PhD candidates.
Current research projects
- Construction-Surveying Integration for Machine Control and Guidance
- Ubiquitous Tracking and Mobile Computing for Construction Resource Management
- Microwave-Assisted RCA Benefication
- Optimal Reuse through Design for Disassembly (DfD)
- Economic and Environmental Assessment using BIM
- Earthmoving, Quarrying and Surface Mining – Optimum Costs, Emissions, Production
- Contracts – Late and Incomplete Payments; Optimal Target Contracts
- Investment – Real Options; Adaptable Infrastructure; Carbon Projects
The Engineering and Construction Management Group holds the pre-eminent position in Australia with its expertise in engineering construction. Research and research output grows at an escalating rate.
The Engineering Construction and Management Group has industry support for teaching and research and, with excellent field and laboratory test facilities, is a regular provider of expert opinion to industry.
The Group also offers a unique postgraduate program in Project Management in conjunction with Leighton Holdings.