Professor and Deputy Director CIES
Sch-Civil & Environmental Eng
(+61 2) 9385 5021
(+61 2) 9385 6139
Civil Engineering Building (H20)
Level 7, Room CE712
BE ME Tsinghua, DEng Tokyo
Professor in the School of Civil and Environmental Engineering
Acting Director in the School's Centre for Infrastructure Engineering and Safety (CIES)
- Computational Mechanics
- Scaled Boundary Finite-Element Method
- Image-Based Analysis
- Dynamic Soil-Structure Interaction
- Structural Dynamics and Earthquake Engineering
- Wave Propagation
- Fracture Mechanics
- Elasto-Plastic-Damage Constitutive Modelling
Australian Research Council (ARC) Grants
- Chongmin Song, “Scaled boundary framework for adaptive and multiscale structural analysis”, Australian Research Council – Discovery Project DP160104628, $390,000 (2016-2018).
- Chongmin Song, Francis Tin-Loi and Sawekchai Tangaramvong, “From CAD and digital imaging to fully automatic adaptive 3D analysis”, Australian Research Council – Discovery Project DP150103747, $384,700 (2015-2017).
- Chongmin Song, Wei Gao and Yong-Lin Pi, “A high-performance stochastic scaled boundary finite-element framework for safety assessment of structures susceptible to fracture”, Australian Research Council – Discovery Project DP130102934, $330,000 (2013-2015).
- Chongmin Song and Francis Tin-Loi, “Scaled boundary finite-element approach for safety assessment of plates and shells under monotonic and shakedown loadings”, Australian Research Council – Discovery Project DP120100742, $320,000 (2012-2014).
- Robin Fell, Chongmin Song, William L. Peirson and Kurt J. Douglas, “Erosion of embankment dams and dam spillway”, Australian Research Council –Linkage Project LP110100389, $480,000 (2011-2013).
- Chongmin Song and Wei Gao, “Non-deterministic fracture analysis of structures by extending the scaled boundary finite-element method”, Australian Research Council – Discovery Project DP1094451, $420,000 (2010-2012).
- Chongmin Song and Francis Tin-Loi, “Scaled boundary finite-element shakedown approach for the safety assessment of cracked elastoplastic structures under cyclic loading”, Australian Research Council – Discovery Project DP0986534, $300,000 (2009-2011).