Civil Engineering Building (H20)
Level 7, Room CE716
- Viscoelastic behaviour of materials and structures
- Strengthening of structures with FRP composite materials
- Sandwich panels
- Precast concrete structures
- Steel and Composite Structures
- Structural Analysis and Modeling
- Advanced Concrete Structures
- Reinforced Concrete Design
- Advanced Mechanics of Structures and Materials
- Engineering Mechanics
- Member of ACI (American Concrete Institute) Committee 209: Creep and Shrinkage in Concrete and ACI Subcommittee 209-0D: Numerical Methods and 3D Analyses.
- Member of PCI (Precast/Prestressed Concrete Institute) Committees: Precast Insulated Wall Panels, FRP Composites.
- Member of Standards Australia’s AS3600 Sub-Committees: BD-002-01 Strength and Analysis of Concrete Structures, BD-002-07 Design for Serviceability of Concrete Structures.
- Member of the International Institute for FRP in Construction.
- Member of the National Precast Concrete Association Australia
- Member of the Concrete Institute of Australia
- Member of Engineers Australia
2017-2019 Uy B, Hamed E, Tao Z and Kang WH. "Coupled Service and Ultimate Behaviour of High Strength Composite Columns”. Australian Research Council (ARC) Discovery Project, $435,500.
2016-2018 Gilbert RI and Hamed E. "Time-Dependent Behaviour of Precast Concrete Sandwich Panels”. ARC Discovery Project, $330,000.
2012-2014 Hamed E and Foster SJ. "Nonlinear Long-Term Behaviour and Analysis of High Strength Concrete Panels". ARC Discovery Project, $310,000.
2009-2011 Hamed E and Bradford MA. “Long-Term Behaviour of Thin-Walled Concrete Curved Members Strengthened with Externally Bonded Composite Materials”. ARC Discovery Project, $180,000.
2019 Australia-China Young Scientists Exchange Program.
2007 Tuvia Netzer Memorial Fund Award for Outstanding Ph.D. Dissertation. “Dynamic Behavior of Concrete and Masonry Structures Strengthened with Composite Materials”. Technion, Israel.
2007 Ph.D. Structural Engineering, Faculty of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Technion – Israel Institute of Technology, Haifa, Israel.
2003 M.Sc. Structural Engineering, Technion, Israel.
2000 B.Sc. Civil Engineering, Technion, Israel.