Civil Engineering Building (H20) Level 7, Room CE716 Kensington Campus
- Viscoelastic behaviour of materials and structures
- Strengthening of structures with FRP composite materials
- Sandwich panels
- Precast concrete structures
- Steel and Composite Structures
- Structural Analysis and Modeling
- Advanced Concrete Structures
- Reinforced Concrete Design
- Advanced Mechanics of Structures and Materials
- Engineering Mechanics
- Member of ACI (American Concrete Institute) Committee 209: Creep and Shrinkage in Concrete and ACI Subcommittee 209-0D: Numerical Methods and 3D Analyses.
- Member of PCI (Precast/Prestressed Concrete Institute) Committees: Precast Insulated Wall Panels, FRP Composites.
- Member of Standards Australia’s AS3600 Sub-Committees: BD-002-01 Strength and Analysis of Concrete Structures, BD-002-07 Design for Serviceability of Concrete Structures.
- Member of the International Institute for FRP in Construction.
- Member of the National Precast Concrete Association Australia
- Member of the Concrete Institute of Australia
- Member of Engineers Australia
Awards, Grants, Patents
2015 UNSW Goldstar Award. “Coupled Hygrothermal-Creep Effects in Adhesively Bonded Lap-joints”.
2008 Tuvia Netzer Memorial Fund Award for Outstanding Ph.D. Dissertation. “Dynamic Behavior of Concrete and Masonry Structures Strengthened with Composite Materials”. Technion, Israel.
2017-2019 Uy B, Hamed E, Tao Z and Kang WH. "Coupled Service and Ultimate Behaviour of High Strength Composite Columns”. Australian Research Council (ARC) Discovery Project, $435,500.
2016-2018 Gilbert RI and Hamed E. "Time-Dependent Behaviour of Precast Concrete Sandwich Panels”. ARC Discovery Project, $330,000.
2012-2014 Hamed E and Foster SJ. "Nonlinear Long-Term Behaviour and Analysis of High Strength Concrete Panels". ARC Discovery Project, $310,000.
2009-2011 Hamed E and Bradford MA. “Long-Term Behaviour of Thin-Walled Concrete Curved Members Strengthened with Externally Bonded Composite Materials”. ARC Discovery Project, $180,000.
2007 Ph.D. Structural Engineering, Faculty of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Technion – Israel Institute of Technology, Haifa, Israel.
2003 M.Sc. Structural Engineering, Technion, Israel.
2000 B.Sc. Civil Engineering, Technion, Israel.