Computer Support Group
The Computing Support group is responsible for building, administering, maintaining and supporting the local computing environment at UNSW Computing.
* Lab computers running a Linux-based development environment, plus virtualized Windows and special-purpose operating systems
* Network file storage with comprehensive backups
* Remote-access servers, both for general-purpose and high-performance computing
* Virtual servers for research computing
* Hardware support and purchasing for staff and research students
* Network infrastructure and access to UNSW and Internet network services.
* Automation and software for teaching support.
In addition, the CSG has a strong user service and support focus, with the System Support (SS) team providing IT support to staff and students.
We also run an Undergraduate Helpdesk at the start of session as a more accessible first line of contact for new students.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (preferred method)
Phone: 02 9385 4199 (external), or x54199 (internal)
In person: Room K17-111 - down the right-hand corridor behind the lifts on level 1 of K17.
The UNSW Computing Helpdesk is your first point of contact for any problems you have with your account or in the labs.