Welcome to the CSE Helpdesk
Please note that this information is for assistance with accounts and computer systems
at the School of Computer Science and Engineering.
For assistance with anything else, please contact UNSW IT using the information at
The CSE Helpdesk is your first point of contact for any problems you have with your account or in the labs.
If you have a more complex or involved issue that we can't solve straight away, we'll escalate it with System Support.
What we do
- Help with accounts, passwords and quotas
- Help with email, printing and internet access
- Help with using the lab computers
- Help with UNIX commands
- Fix minor problems with CSE servers and systems
- Look after the computers and other equipment in the labs
- Keep you informed about any problems with CSE systems
Before you arrive
So that we can help you most effectively, please:
- Bring your student card with you
- Note the name of the computer you were using, if applicable (eg. drum03)
- Note the exact text of any error messages you received, if applicable
- Location: Computer Science and Engineering Building (K17) - Level 1, Room 111
- Telephone: +61 (2) 938 55438
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org