Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) Software Engineering
Stream - SENGAH
Single Award - Program 3707
For earlier versions of this program, check the UNSW Handbook (previous versions) including: Programs 3648, 3705.
Dual award programs do not complete 12 UOC Professional Electives and 12 UOC General Education.
- UOC denotes Units of Credit, a measure of the amount of work required in a course;
- Review all courses in the handbook for information on assumed knowledge and requisites;
- Some courses are offered twice per year and may be taken in either semester;
- This program structure is a guide only. Students may take courses in any order as long as requisites are observed.
Notes on program revisions:
- From 2019 onwards, if COMP2121 is core to your program, you must take COMP2121. It cannot be substituted for COMP1521.
- COMP1917, COMP1927, COMP2121, COMP2911, SENG1031 were replaced by COMP1511, COMP1521, COMP1531, COMP2511, COMP2521
- 12 UOC Professional Electives were renamed Discipline Electives and specified at COMP4 or higher.
- Approved substitution: MATH2859 (3UOC), MATH2400 (3UOC), and one professional elective (6UOC) may be substituted by MATH2801 (6UOC) (or MATH2901) and MATH3411 (6UOC).
- Approved substitution for 2017 - 2018 only: CompSci Students who commenced 2016 or prior could replace COMP2121 (6UOC) with COMP1521 (6UOC).
- Warning: Students wanting to take further hardware courses should enrol in COMP2121, particularly those specialising in Embedded Systems (COMPS1).
- 6 UOC Professional Electives were replaced by 6 UOC Free Elective
- SENG4911 (12 UOC) was replaced by COMP4931 (6 UOC)
- Software Electives were renamed Professional Electives
- 36 UOC Software Electives were replaced by 48 UOC Professional Electives
|YEAR 1||S1 UOC||S2 UOC|
|COMP1511||Introduction to Programming||6||-|
|ENGG1000||Engineering Design and Innovation||6||-|
|Mathematics 1A or
Higher Mathematics 1A
|COMP1521||Computer Systems Fundamentals||-||6|
|COMP1531||Software Engineering Fundamentals||-||6|
|COMP2521||Data Structures and Algorithms||-||6|
|Mathematics 1B or
Higher Mathematics 1B
|YEAR 2||S1 UOC||S2 UOC|
|COMP2111||System Modelling and Design||6||-|
|COMP2511||Object-oriented Design and Programming||6||-|
|SENG2021||Software Engineering Workshop 2B||6||-|
|Professional Electives (see below for description)||6||6|
|SENG2011||Software Engineering Workshop 2A||-||6|
|MATH2859||Probability, Statistics and Information||-||3|
|YEAR 3||S1 UOC||S2 UOC|
|SENG3011||Software Engineering Workshop 3||6||-|
|COMP3141||S'ware Sys. Design & Implementat'n||6||-|
|COMP3331||Computer Networks and Applications||6||-|
|Professional Electives (see below for description)||-||12|
|YEAR 4||S1 UOC||S2 UOC|
|COMP4930||Thesis Part A||6||-|
|Professional Electives (see below for description)||12||-|
|COMP4931||Thesis Part B||-||6|
|COMP4920||Management and Ethics||-||6|
|Discipline Electives - COMP4 or higher||-||12|
- any COMP3 or higher, or
- level 3 or 4 INFS, MATH, ELEC, or TELE courses.