Dr Iain Skinner
Senior Lecturer in Photonics
Telephone: +61 2 9385 5153
Room: 418 Electrical Engineering Building
- PhD. in Optical Physics,Australian National University, 1985.
- B.Sc. (Hons) in Applied Mathematics, University of Queensland, 1981
Membership of Professional Societies
- Member of the Australian Mathematical Society
- UNSW, School of Electrical Engineering Senior Lecturer, 1997 - Present
- UNSW, School of Electrical Engineering Lecturer, 1992 - 1997
- Canadian Government,Visiting Research Scientist, 1990-1991
- UNSW, Research Officer, 1987 - 1989
- University of Surrey, Research Fellow, 1985-1987
- University of Edinburgh, Visiting Fellow, 1995
- University of Surrey, Visiting Fellow, 1999
- Engineering Ethics
- Electromagnetic Theory and Application
- Photonic Technologies
- Engineering Education
How engineering students learn. Developing and assessing new learning activities. Literacy in engineering.
- Modal propagation in electromagnetic (optical) waveguides
Development of approximation methods. Theory of waveguides with controlled variability in direction of propagation. Special uses of waveguides.