Professor Andrew Dempster
Director of the Australian Centre for Space Engineering Research
Professor in Space Systems Engineering
Head of Signal Processing
Telephone: +61 2 9385 6890
Room: 409 Electrical Engineering Building
- BE (Hons 1): University of New South Wales, Australia, 1984.
- MEngSc: University College (Australian Defence Force Academy), University of New South Wales, Australia, 1992.
- PhD: University of Cambridge, UK, 1995.
- Professor/Director of ACSER, School of Electrical Engineering & Telecommunications, UNSW. 2013 - present
- Associate Professor/Professor/Director of ACSER, School of Surveying, UNSW. 2004 - 2013.
- Lecturer/ Senior Lecturer/ Senior Academic in Department of Electronic Systems, University of Westminster, London, UK. 1995 - 2004
- Employed by Auspace Limited, Canberra, Australia. System Engineer and Project Manager on the development of a GPS receiver. 1998 - 1992
- Engineer at STC, Sydney, Australia. Designing telecommunications equipment for telephone exchanges. 1985 - 1988
- Design of hardware, reconfigurable firmware, algorithms and signal processing for GPS receivers; Space systems