Professor Francois Ladouceur
Professor in Photonics and Industry Liaison
Telephone: +61 2 9385 5304
Room: 342 Electrical Engineering Building
- PhD - Optical Telecommunication, The Australian National University, 1992
- M. Sc. - Solid State Physics, École Polytechnique de Montréal, 1987.
- B. Ing. - Engineering Physics, École Polytechnique de Montréal, 1985.
Awards and Honours
- National Science and Engineering Research Council (Canada) Post Doctoral Fellowship, 1992.
- Australian Telecommunications and Electronics Research Board (ATERB) fellowship, 1990.
- The Australian National University Post Graduate Scholarship, 1990.
- National Science and Engineering Research Council (Canada) Post Graduate Scholarship, 1988.
- UNSW, School of Electrical Engineering & Telecommunications, Professor, 2012 - Present
- UNSW, School of Electrical Engineering & Telecommunications, Associate Professor, 2004 - 2012
- Managing Director, Bandwidth Foundry MNRF, Sydney, 2001-2003
- VP, Network Simulation, Virtual Systems Inc., Berlin, Germany, 1998-2001
- Research Fellow, The Australian National University, Canberra, Australia, 1994-1998.
- Research Engineer, Laboratoire d'Électronique et des Techniques de l'Information (LÉTI), Grenoble, France, 1992-1994.
- Integrated optics
- Fabrication and Modelling
- Diamond-based photonics
- Display technology
Professional Interests and Industrial Consulting
- Commercialisation of R&D
- Technology mapping of industry activities
- Software development