Computer Laboratory Regulations
1. All users must undergo induction, agree to comply with these rules, and observe ergonomic arrangements for their work-spaces.
2. Food and drink are not to be consumed at any time in computer laboratories.
3. Under no circumstance is the 240 V mains power to be used for any purpose other than that approved by the School.
4. Tampering with or removal of any equipment is strictly forbidden.
5. Data network connections should not be altered. Personal equipment may not be connected to the School data network without first obtaining permission.
6. Users are expected to conduct themselves in a reserved and professional manner at all times. All noise should be kept to a minimum.
7. All bags should be stored out of walk-ways.
8. Users should clean and tidy their work-stations when they have finished, shut-down the PC, and turn out the lights (if last to leave).
9. Faulty equipment and any other concerns should be reported to staff who may not otherwise be aware of the problem.
10. Users must also comply with UNSW’s policies & procedures about Acceptable Use of UNSW Information and Communication Technology Resources.