BE ME Elite Program
This innovative program provides:
- Improved flexibility - you can choose a broadening discipline in many interest areas - psychology, music, languages, commerce, mechatronics, photovoltaics, maths, physics, computer science and more, either at UNSW or overseas
- Better specialisation - maximise your learning in the Electrical Engineering disciplines of your choice and work right at the cutting edge on your fourth and fifth year projects
- More design - coursework thread in engineering design from 1 to year 4
- Easier integration with international exchange - four to six courses can be arranged overseas as a part of the broadening discipline
Broadening Disciplines for the BE ME in Electrical Engineering Program:
Please look at UNSW Handbook
BE ME in Music (24 UOC)
- MUSC1101 Music Reinvented (6 UOC)
- Select two courses in Musicianship
- One course from the following: Electronic Music; Film Music; Popular Music; Music history; Psychology of Music; Music analysis; Ethnomusicology; Musicianship C]
Language (36 UOC)
Language broadening disciplines are available in a number of different areas, including those below.
Please see the attached PDF File in Commerce
BE ME in Psychology (36 UOC)
BE ME in Mechatronics (24 UOC)
- MTRN2500 Computing for Mechatronic Engineers (6 UOC)
- MTRN3500 Computing Applications in Mechatronics Systems (6 UOC)
Any two of
- MTRN4010 Advanced Autonomous Systems (6 UOC)
- MRTN4110 Robot Design (6 UOC)
- MTRN4230 Robotics (6 UOC)
- MANF4611 Process Modelling and Simulation (6 UOC)
Note: the advice from Mechatronics is that ELEC3114 is equivalent to MTRN3020
BE ME in Photovoltaics (24 UOC)
- SOLA2540 Applied PV (6 UOC)
Select three courses from either:
- SOLA3020 PV Technology & Manufacturing ( UOC)
- SOLA3507 Solar Cells (6 UOC)
- SOLA5508 High Efficiency Si Solar Cells (6 UOC)
- SOLA5509 PV Materials Processing (6 UOC)
- SOLA3010 Low Energy Buildings and PV (6 UOC)
- SOLA4012 Grid-Connect PV Syst (6 UOC)
- SOLA5053 Wind Energy Converters (6 UOC)
- SOLA5054 PV Stand-Alone Sys. Des.&Inst. (6 UOC)
- SOLA5057 Energy Efficiency (6 UOC)
BE ME in Computing (24 UOC)
Most courses require COMP1521 as a prerequisite. Students will thus be required to first take COMP1521 as a part of the broadening discipline.
- COMP2911 Eng. Design in Computing (6 UOC)
- COMP3211 Computer Architecture (6 UOC)
- COMP3231 Operating Systems (6 UOC)
- COMP4601 Design Project B (6 UOC)
Select one course from the many breadth and depth courses available.
BE ME in Mathematics (24 UOC)
Notes for the Mathematics broadening discipline:
- Students will be required to achieve a mark of at least 70 in either MATH1231 or MATH1241.
- Students will not do MATH2069 and MATH2099, but MATH2111 and MATH2601 instead.
- MATH2221 Higher Theory and Applications of Diff. Equations (6 UOC)
- MATH2621 Higher Complex Analysis (6 UOC)
- MATH2901 Higher Theory of Statistics (6 UOC)
- Select one level 3 course (6 UOC)
Due to changes in the Physics courses, please contact the Program Authority about this.
The degree can be completed in 4.5 years if students do two summer sessions.
Be among the first to take the advantage of this leading program from School of Electrical Engineering and Telecommunications.