Insolation data links
- IPCC DDC Baseline Climate Data
- World Radiation Data Centre
- World Radiation Monitoring Center (WRMC) Baseline Surface Radiation Network (BSRN)
- National Climatic Data Center (USA)
- Meteonorm (Commercial)
- NASA Surface Meteorology and Solar Energy
- Interfaces to RETScreen free modelling program
- SeaWiFS Surface Solar Irradiance
- International Satellite Cloud Climatology Project
- Solcast (Solar Irradiance Data - commercial, free for academic use)
Bureau of Meteorology:
Opportunities for the Use of Building Integrated Photovoltaics in NSW
Muriel Watt, John Kaye, Dean Travers, Iain MacGill
Photovoltaics Special Research Centre, UNSW
Deo Prasad, P.C.Thomas, Liz Fox, SOLARCH, UNSW
Serryn Jansen, Allen, Allen & Hemsley.
Graphics of Energy Production
(kWh/m^2/day) as a Function of Orientation and Tilt
Angle for Canberra: Annual and by Month.
Sample plot of Annual Energy Production as a function of tilt angle for Canberra
European Solar Radiation Atlas
- Monthly Meteorogical Normals and Extremes in Hong Kong
- U. Wisconsin Solar Energy Lab: TRNSYS
- NREL Renewable Resource Data Center
- Integrated Surface Irradiance Study (ISIS)
J. C. Lam and D. H. W. Li, "Study of solar radiation data for Hong Kong," Energy Conservation & Management, vol. 37, pp. 343-351, 1996.
T. Lee, D. Oppenheim, and T. J. Williamson, Australian Solar Radiation Data Handbook. Canberra: Energy Research and Development Corporation, 1995.
G. O. Lof, J. A. Duffie, and C. O. Smith, World Distribution of Solar Radiation. Madison: Solar Energy Laboratory, University of Wisconsin, 1996.
J. D. Garrison, "A program for calculation of solar energy collection by fixed and tracking collectors," Solar Energy, vol. 73, pp. 241-255, 2002.
J. Page, M. Albuisson, and L. Wald, "The European Solar Radiation Atlas: A valuable digital tool," Solar Energy, vol. 71, pp. 81-3, 2001.
R. N. Chapman, "The synthesis of solar radiation data for sizing stand-alone photovoltaic systems," presented at IEEE Photovoltaics Specialists Conference, 1990, pp. 965-70.
T. A. Reddy, The design and sizing of active solar thermal systems. Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1987 (Appendix D).
Sandia National Laboratories, Stand-alone photovoltaic systems. A handbook of recommended design practices (SAND87-7023), 1991.
M. Nunez, "Satellite estimation of regional solar energy statistics for Australian capital cities," Bureau of Meteorology Meteorological Study No. 39, Feb. 1990.
W. Marion and R. George, "Calculation of solar radiation using a methodology with worldwide potential," Solar Energy, vol. 71, pp. 275-83, 2001.
H. Power, "Estimating clear-sky beam irradiation from sunshine duration," Solar Energy, vol. 71, pp. 217-24, 2001.