JULY CHALLENGE: CLOTH MASK PROTYPE
Your Challenge: Design a prototype cloth mask for further testing.
When designing your prototype cloth mask, consider:
- How will your mask create a barrier to respiratory droplets? - Multiple layers of fabrics may reduce the penetration of droplets or some fabrics are waterproof or repel liquid.
- Will it be adjustable and comfortable?
- How will it prevent the accumulation of moisture?
- How will it provide a good fit around faces of different shapes?
- Will it be machine washable and reusable?
- Will it look good?
Upload a sketch of your design or even a prototype and tell us about how your design works?
Top design will have their designer pendent, shape or earrings laser cut on wood, metal or coloured perspex! See the example below!
Need some inspo? Check out these websites and videos:
Read more about how medical masks work and how they compare to DIY masks. Read more here.
Is wearing a face mask about showing solidarity with others? Read more here.
Video: The US Surgeon General shows how to make face masks with things around the home. Watch here.
Article: Cloth masks – dangerous to your health? Read more here.