MME 3D Printing
The MME Manufacturing Laboratory is located in Room 106 of Willis Annexe (J18) and caters to MME researchers and students. The laboratory is modern, very well equipped, and staffed by highly experienced and highly skilled Technical Officers.
What can be made in the Manufacturing Laboratory?
The MME Manufacturing Laboratory has the following 3D printers
- 3 x Formlabs 2 SLA 3D printers
- 1 x 3D systems MJP 5600 multi jet multi-material 3D printer
- 1 x 3Dsystems Projet 3500 HD max 3D printer
How do I get something made?
To submit a 3D print please follow the instructions below:
- Discuss the job with the Technical Officer in charge of your relevant area before developing a detailed model. Technical Officers are happy to provide guidance in design, material selection and Manufacture.
- Develop CAD model of your part and contact the 3D printing services team (mech.3Dprint@unsw.edu.au) with an STL file of your model. Include preference of what print type is preferred (SLA or MJP), as well as what Material is preferred.
- Receive back Printed material volume, Support volume if applicable and print time. Complete this form with the contained information
- Contact Supervisor for account code approving this job and signature
- Submit form to the 3D printing services team (mech.3Dprint@unsw.edu.au) for completion.
Please note that this is a fillable PDF form and as such, it should be filled and returned electronically.
- You will be contacted to pick up the job from lab 106 in J18 upon completion.