Is Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering right for me?
Choose any form of engineering as a career, and you will find yourself turning ideas into reality and solving problems that make the world a better place, using cutting-edge technology.
Engineering can offer a versatile career, but getting there takes time and commitment. How do you decide whether to choose Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering?
Start by asking yourself these questions:
- Do you want to help people and make a difference to the world around you?
- Do you love solving problems, no matter how big or small?
- Are you curious about how things work?
- Do you love pulling things apart to see how what’s inside fits together?
- Do you like improving things, making them work more efficiently?
- Do you like being creative and designing new items?
- Do you like working with your hands and using tools?
Working as a Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineer involves being part of a team, with engineers from other fields like electrical or chemical and also people outside of engineering. In addition to gaining technical expertise, we will help you develop your design, communication (written and oral) and teamwork skills.