Research degrees in Minerals and Energy Resources Engineering
At the School of Minerals and Energy Resources Engineering at UNSW we offer two research programs which can be taken on a full-time basis on campus or a part-time* basis if you are local student who is employed full time.
Our quality academics are drawn from the minerals and energy resources industries and inject strong practical, educational and research experience into the programs they teach. Our brilliant researchers make significant contributions to the global future of mining and petroleum practices and education. With strong links to industry, both here and overseas, our students benefit from practical experience and mentoring throughout their studies.
Be formally recognised as an industry expert
Postgraduate Research Programs give you the opportunity to create new knowledge and provide real-world solutions to tomorrow's challenges. As a successful researcher, your work can benefit the community, governments and industry on a global scale. At the School of Minerals and Energy Resources Engineering at UNSW we have many Postgraduate Researchers from Australia and around the world. Our current international postgraduates come from places like China, South America, and Turkey. Find out more about our Research Academics.
Benefits of Postgraduate Research at UNSW
Embarking on a Postgraduate Research Program at the School of Minerals and Energy Resources Engineering at UNSW will:
- Give you access to world-class and experienced lecturers as well as guest speakers from the industry
- Link you with fellow students and help you establish a network that will serve you well throughout your career
- Give you access to superior learning facilities and systems
- Allow you to develop key transferable skills such as problem-solving, research and analysis, teamwork, project management and communication
- Enhance your career options by complementing and expanding your existing knowledge
- Help you stand out in a competitive job market
- Enable you to collaborate with other research centres and universities, as well as with industry leaders
- Provide possible opportunities for overseas travel.
For further information and details on how to apply please contact the School via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.