- Our schools
- Study with us
- Girls in Engineering Club
- Double degrees
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) - program rules
- Engineering (Honours) / Engineering Science Dual Award
- Flexible First Year
- Aerospace Engineering (Honours)
- Bioinformatics Engineering (Honours)
- Biomedical Engineering (Masters)
- Chemical Product Engineering (Honours)
- Chemical Engineering (Honours)
- Civil Engineering (Honours)
- Civil Engineering with Architecture (Honours)
- Computer Science
- Computer Engineering (Honours)
- Electrical Engineering (Honours)
- Environmental Engineering (Honours)
- Food Science (Honours)
- Mechanical Engineering (Honours)
- Mechatronic Engineering (Honours)
- Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering (Honours)
- Mining Engineering (Honours)
- Petroleum Engineering (Honours)
- Photovoltaics and Solar Energy Engineering (Honours)
- Renewable Energy Engineering (Honours)
- Software Engineering (Honours)
- Surveying (Honours)
- Telecommunications (Honours)
- Admission Requirements
- Postgraduate Research Degrees
- Fee Information for Postgraduate Coursework
- Biomedical Engineering Degrees
- Chemical and Food Science Engineering Degrees
- Civil and Environmental Engineering Degrees
- Earth Science Engineering Degrees
- Electrical Engineering Degrees
- Energy Engineering Degrees
- Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering Degrees
- Multidisciplinary Degrees
- Faculty of Engineering Postgraduate Admissions Scheme (EPAS)
- Master of Information Technology
- Future Students
- Student Experience
- Student Resources
- Academic Information
- Career Information
- How can we help?
- Alumni & Giving
- About us
Checklist for Industrial Training
1. Enrol in Moodle
Use this key to enrol in the Faculty of Engineering Industrial Training Moodle course under “Selfenrolment (Student)” (see image below): Eng5tudent!
2. Have I completed the 5 prerequisite modules?
- Writing a Successful Resume and Cover Letter
- Interview Skills
- Career Planning and Networking Skills
- Workplace Behaviours
- Industrial Training and Your Health and Safety
3. Have I enrolled in my School group on Moodle using the group activity key?
Yes – You now have access to submitting a placement pre-approval application
No – Be sure to enrol, or you will not be able to access any of your assessment requirements
4. Have I received my job offer?
Yes – Congratulations
No – Refer to Tips – How to find Industrial Training
5. Have I applied for Industrial Training pre-approval with the required documentation?
Yes – Await approval confirmation
No – Refer to Placement Types and Required Supporting Documentation
6. Have I collected the required supporting documentation from my employer?
Yes – You can apply for pre-approval
No – Contact your employer and obtain the Required Supporting Documentation
7. Have I received approval on my pre-approval application prior to commencement?
Yes – You can start your Industrial Training. Remember to set work goals (in the Employer Evaluation form) during your first week
No – Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information and instructions
8. Have I completed the Employer Evaluation form with my employer?
Yes – Make sure your hours have been signed off
No – Be sure to set up a meeting with your employer in order fill out this form, and get the days you have worked signed off. This must be done for each placement
9. Have I accumulated 60 days from all of my Industrial Training placements (maximum 3 placements can be counted)?
Yes – You can start writing your Final IT Report. You only need to write one report for all of your placements. Refer to Moodle Assessment for instruction.
No – You need to find more placement(s) to ensure you have a minimum of 60 days
10. Have I submitted my Final IT Report to Moodle?
Yes – As soon as you receive a mark of “Satisfactory” on your report, you’ve completed with Industrial Training!
No – Submit your report on Moodle as soon as possible after completing your 60 days of IT. See Moodle for more information
Student Industrial Training Roadmap