Become an Engineering Student Ambassador
Student Ambassador applications are now closed for 2019.
The primary role of the Engineering Student Ambassador is to assist the Faculty with an array of tasks including but not limited to; delivering outreach activities, administrative tasks, assisting with event logistics and the marketing and communications UNSW Engineering. This involves providing accurate information on engineering programs offered at UNSW, admission requirements, application and selection procedures, student support services, social media and content creation and university life in general to prospective students.
Student ambassadors are often the first contact that prospective students have with UNSW at university promotional events, when visiting high schools, and are therefore seen as the public face of UNSW Engineering.
- Current UNSW Engineering undergraduate/postgraduate student
- Outgoing, positive personality with enthusiasm for university life and study at UNSW
- Passion for the promotion of engineering
- Excellent communication and presentation skills: appropriate language, interpersonal and group communication skills, with an ability to give clear instructions
- Awareness of the UNSW structure including academic, extra-curricular activities and student opportunities
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Ability to show initiative and to work with minimal supervision
- Commit to the program for a minimum of a year
- Flexible academic timetable
- Public Speaking or presenting experience
- Strong knowledge basis in your field of study
- A valid NSW driver’s licence
- A valid NSW Working with Children Check – is required if selected as a Student Ambassador
Click here to view the Student Ambassador position description.