Dean’s Honours List
Published in June, the Dean's Honours List recognises high achieving undergraduate students in UNSW Faculty of Engineering programs. Students who have maintained a high grade average are included on the Dean's Honours List. If they continue to achieve this level of academic excellence they can look forward to graduating with First Class Honours.
Find the list of 2016 Winners here.
Who is eligible?
Students of the Faculty of Engineering currently enrolled in an undergraduate program who have at the end of the previous year:
- successfully completed at least 48 units of credit (UOC) at UNSW towards a Faculty of Engineering program
- completed at least 24 UOC in the previous academic year.
Awards are NOT available to students who have completed all program requirements (i.e. they are eligible for graduation).
Selection is based on a student's overall cumulative myUNSW WAM. All courses counting towards their current degree (not only Engineering courses) are included in the calculation of a student's WAM.
A myUNSW WAM average as follows is required to be eligible:
- For programs started from 2015 or later, ≥75%
- For programs started from 2015 or later, ≥80% (to align with new First Class Honours cut-offs).
Students may only be included on the Dean's Honours List once for each Stage.
- Stage 1 status - 48 UOC completed
- Stage 2 status - 96 UOC completed
- Stage 3 status - 144 UOC completed
- Stage 4 status - 192 UOC completed.
- Industrial training and exchange are not counted as 'completed' units of credit unless transfer credit has been given.
- Graduates are not considered for the list but for Honours and the university medal.
- Stage 4 status only applies to dual award program students but does not include programs in which stage 4 of these program is at the Masters level (e.g. BE/ME Elec, BE/MBiomedEng).
- The Dean's Honours List is not an award. Students will receive confirmation from the Dean but student transcripts will not show your Honours List achievement.
Please email us if you need more information.