Fee Information for postgraduate coursework

Most postgraduate coursework students pay tuition fees.

Domestic students

Commonwealth Supported Places (CSP)

There are a limited number of Commonwealth Supported Places (CSP) available to eligible students in some degrees. The programs that have CSP places can change each year, so it’s best to check the link below to make sure it still falls under the CSP program.

Full Fee Paying Places

The majority of postgraduate coursework programs require students to pay full fees. if the program is not listed on the CSP program list then it is full fee paying.

Fees are charged per subject and are payable at the beginning of each semester. So if you are doing one subject each semester that is six units of credit, you will just pay for that one subject.

Depending on how the study relates to your current work, you may be able to claim the cost of the fees as a tax deduction.

Australian citizens can defer their fees using FEE-HELP (see below).

You can estimate your annual fees with the UNSW Fee Estimator.


FEE-HELP is a similar loan system run by the Australian government to HECS-HELP.

Students can defer their fees through a loan and then have them taken out of their salary once they earn a certain amount each year.

Key points to note:

- There are no loan fees for postgraduate coursework programs.

- FEE-HELP is available for Australian citizens, permanent humanitarian visa holders and permanent visa holder who is undertaking bridging study for overseas-trained professionals.

- Students must reside in Australia for at least one unit of study.

International Students

A range of scholarships are on offer for international students undertaking postgraduate coursework programs. New opportunities for scholarships come up all the time, so make sure you check out the scholarships website regularly.

You can estimate your annual fees with the UNSW Fee Estimator.

For further information about fees, visit the UNSW Fees website.

FEE Estimator

The FEE Estimator allows students to calculate a fee estimate for subjects or for the academic year.

Useful links


Applying for FEE-HELP

Current income threshold limits

UNSW Fees website

Contact us

Have a question regarding fees? Please contact us using this form.