Taste of Research Scholarships
The Taste of Research program was set-up by UNSW Engineering to allow undergraduate students to work with a research group to understand what real research is about at university and in industry.
The program gives second and third year students the chance to do a 60 days project with an existing research team within the Faculty and receive a tax exempt allowance of about $6000 in total period of 60 days projects.
Projects on offer
There are various projects on offer each year.
Visit the Semester 1 2018 Projects page.
The program is open to local and international students who meet the following criteria:
- Be a high achieving second or third year undergraduate student enrolled in a full-time program
- Be enrolled in a relevant program at UNSW
- Submit an online application form
- Receive $6,000 in total period of 60 days projects (tax exempt)
- UNSW Engineering students may use their Taste of Research Semester 1 Scholarship to contribute towards their industrial training (up to 6 weeks)
Each applicant will be assessed on the basis of academic merit, interest in undertaking research activities, and intended career plans. Shortlisted candidates will be required to attend an interview before being made an offer.
The scholarships are available in a variety of research areas for a period of 60 days.
How to Apply
Applications close 31 March 2018.
For more information about the Taste of Research program, please email Alman Yeung.