Checklist for Industrial Training
To graduate and qualify for accreditation by Engineers Australia, you must complete a minimum of 60 days approved Industrial Training. This gives you real work experience in an Engineering environment. Follow our 10-step checklist below to track your progress and meet Industrial Training requirements.
- Writing a Successful Resume and Cover Letter
- Interview Skills
- Career Planning and Networking Skills
- Workplace Behaviours
- Industrial Training and Your Health and Safety
- Yes – You can now submit an approval application for a placement.
- No – Make sure you choose your school group.
- Yes – You must gain approval prior to commencing your placement.
- No – Refer to Types of Industrial Training and required supporting documentation.
- Yes – You’re able to commence your placement. Remember to make an appointment with your supervisor to set the SMART goals in your Employer Evaluation Form.
- No – Await confirmation from the Industrial Training office. You must receive approval prior to commencing your placement.
- Yes – Make sure your days have been signed off by your Supervisor and you have received written confirmation of the days you have worked.
- No – Set up a meeting with your Supervisor to complete the form and request written confirmation of the days you have worked.
As soon as you receive a mark of “Satisfactory” on your report, you’ve completed your Industrial Training.