- Our schools
- Study with us
- Girls in Engineering Club
- Double degrees
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) - program rules
- Engineering (Honours) / Engineering Science Dual Award
- Flexible First Year
- Aerospace Engineering (Honours)
- Bioinformatics Engineering (Honours)
- Biomedical Engineering (Masters)
- Chemical Product Engineering (Honours)
- Chemical Engineering (Honours)
- Civil Engineering (Honours)
- Civil Engineering with Architecture (Honours)
- Computer Science
- Computer Engineering (Honours)
- Electrical Engineering (Honours)
- Environmental Engineering (Honours)
- Food Science (Honours)
- Mechanical Engineering (Honours)
- Mechatronic Engineering (Honours)
- Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering (Honours)
- Mining Engineering (Honours)
- Petroleum Engineering (Honours)
- Photovoltaics and Solar Energy Engineering (Honours)
- Renewable Energy Engineering (Honours)
- Software Engineering (Honours)
- Surveying (Honours)
- Telecommunications (Honours)
- Admission Requirements
- Postgraduate Research Degrees
- Fee Information for Postgraduate Coursework
- Biomedical Engineering Degrees
- Chemical and Food Science Engineering Degrees
- Civil and Environmental Engineering Degrees
- Earth Science Engineering Degrees
- Electrical Engineering Degrees
- Energy Engineering Degrees
- Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering Degrees
- Multidisciplinary Degrees
- Master of Information Technology
- Future Students
- Student Experience
- Student Resources
- Academic Information
- Career Information
- How can we help?
- Alumni & Giving
- About us
Fee Information for postgraduate coursework
Most postgraduate coursework students pay tuition fees.
Commonwealth Supported Places (CSP)
There are a limited number of Commonwealth Supported Places (CSP) available to eligible students in some degrees. The streams in our programs that have CSP places are as below:
- List of Commonwealth Supported Postgraduate Coursework Programs (CSP)
- Student contribution rates
- Applying for a Commonwealth Supported Place
|Program Description||Academic Plan Description 1|
|5341 - Engineering Science||CVENAT5341 - Civil Engineering|
|CVENBT5341 - Transport Engineering|
|CVENDT5341 - Environmental Engineering|
|CVENET5341 - Project Management|
|CVENHT5341 - Water Engineering: Catchment to Coast|
|CVENJT5341 - Water, Wastewater & Waste Engineering|
|CVENST5341 - Geotechnical Engineering & Engineering Geology|
|CVENWS5341 - Structural Engineering|
|ENGGRQS5341 - Nuclear Engineering|
|MANFFS5341 - Manufacturing Engineering and Management|
|MECHZS5341 - Mechanical Engineering|
|SOLAES5341 - Photovoltaics And Solar Energy|
|SOLAFS5341 - Renewable Energy|
|5449 - Engineering (Biomedical Eng)||BIOMAS5449 - Biomedical Engineering|
|5543 - Information Technology||All plans|
|7320 - Engineering Science||CVENGT7320 - Civil Engineering|
|ENGGRS7320 - Nuclear Engineering|
|7543 - Computing||COMPCS7543 - Computing|
|8338 - Engineering Science||BIOMBS8338 - Biomedical Engineering|
|CVENCT8338 - Transport Engineering|
|CVENFT8338 - Project Management|
|CVENIT8338 - Water Eng:catchments To Coast|
|CVENKT8338 - Water, Wastewater & Waste Engineering|
|CVENMT8338 - Environmental Engineering|
|CVENRT8338 - Geotechnical Engineering & Engineering Geology|
|CVENXS8338 - Structural Engineering|
|CVENZS8338 - Civil Engineering|
|ELECOS8338 - Satellite Systems Engineering|
|ENGGAS8338 - Sustainable Systems|
|ENGGPS8338 - Nuclear Engineering|
|MANFCS8338 - Manufacturing Eng & Management|
|MECHIS8338 - Mechanical Engineering|
|SOLACS8338 - Photovoltaics And Solar Energy|
|SOLADS8338 - Renewable Energy|
|8543 - Information Technology||All plans|
|8660 - Biomedical Engineering||BIOMAS8660 - Biomedical Engineering|
Full Fee Paying Places
The majority of postgraduate coursework programs require students to pay full fees. if the program and plan are not listed on the list above then they are full fee paying.
Fees are charged per subject and are payable at the beginning of each term. So if you are doing one subject each term that is six units of credit, you will just pay for that one subject.
Depending on how the study relates to your current work, you may be able to claim the cost of the fees as a tax deduction.
Australian citizens can defer their fees using FEE-HELP (see below).
FEE-HELP is a similar loan system run by the Australian government to HECS-HELP.
Students can defer their fees through a loan and then have them taken out of their salary once they earn a certain amount each year.
Key points to note:
- There are no loan fees for postgraduate coursework programs.
- FEE-HELP is available for Australian citizens, permanent humanitarian visa holders and permanent visa holder who is undertaking bridging study for overseas-trained professionals.
- Students must reside in Australia for at least one unit of study.
A range of scholarships are on offer for international students undertaking postgraduate coursework programs. New opportunities for scholarships come up all the time, so make sure you check out the scholarships website regularly.
You can estimate your annual fees with the UNSW Fee Estimator.
For further information about fees, visit the UNSW Fees website.
The FEE Estimator allows students to calculate a fee estimate for subjects or for the academic year.
Have a question regarding fees? Please contact us using this form.