- Our schools
- Study with us
- Girls in Engineering Club
- Double degrees
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) - program rules
- Engineering (Honours) / Engineering Science Dual Award
- Flexible First Year
- Aerospace Engineering (Honours)
- Bioinformatics Engineering (Honours)
- Biomedical Engineering (Masters)
- Chemical Product Engineering (Honours)
- Chemical Engineering (Honours)
- Civil Engineering (Honours)
- Civil Engineering with Architecture (Honours)
- Computer Science
- Computer Engineering (Honours)
- Electrical Engineering (Honours)
- Environmental Engineering (Honours)
- Food Science (Honours)
- Mechanical Engineering (Honours)
- Mechatronic Engineering (Honours)
- Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering (Honours)
- Mining Engineering (Honours)
- Petroleum Engineering (Honours)
- Photovoltaics and Solar Energy Engineering (Honours)
- Renewable Energy Engineering (Honours)
- Software Engineering (Honours)
- Surveying (Honours)
- Telecommunications (Honours)
- Admission Requirements
- Postgraduate Research Degrees
- Fee Information for Postgraduate Coursework
- Biomedical Engineering Degrees
- Chemical and Food Science Engineering Degrees
- Civil and Environmental Engineering Degrees
- Earth Science Engineering Degrees
- Electrical Engineering Degrees
- Energy Engineering Degrees
- Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering Degrees
- Multidisciplinary Degrees
- Master of Information Technology
- Future Students
- Student Experience
- Student Resources
- Academic Information
- Career Information
- How can we help?
- Alumni & Giving
- About us
Fees for Local Postgraduate Research students
Local research students (citizens and permanent residents of Australia and citizens of New Zealand) undertaking PhDs or MPhil at UNSW are not required to pay course tuition fees.
Why? Because all new local postgraduate research students enrolling in a Doctorate or Masters by research at UNSW are expected to be granted an exemption scholarship under the Commonwealth Government's Research Training Scheme. Find out more.
For further information relating to fee payment and policy please refer to our Fees Policy.
Fees for International Postgraduate Research students
Students enrolling at UNSW Australia generally need to pay tuition fees or student contribution charges.
Find out more about fees and costs for International postgraduate research students.
There are two other places International students can find out information about fees:
- MyUNSW – for general information on fees and costs of study.
- UNSW Fee Estimator – where you can obtain an estimate of annual tuition fees or Commonwealth Support charges for a year of study. The estimate can either be a general estimate based on a broad study area or a more detailed estimate based on a selection of courses in particular subject areas.