There are a range of scholarships on offer for postgraduate research students. Please visit the Graduate Research School website (GRS) for information on the scholarships available.
Scholarships available through Engineering Schools
Individual schools at UNSW Engineering offer their own Scholarships to students. Visit the individual Schools for more information.
UNSW funded and UNSW administered scholarships
Research students at UNSW Engineering have access to many research scholarships including the APA, APA(I), IPRS, UPA, UIPA and government and industry funded scholarships. The Graduate Research School website has full information on scholarships available to local and international research students.
Women in Engineering Research Top-up Scholarships
UNSW Engineering is offering two Women in Engineering Top-up Scholarships every semester, each valued at $10,000 per annum for up to 3.5 years, to outstanding female students to undertake a PhD in one of the Faculty’s nine schools. For information and to apply for postgraduate research scholarships click here.
- Female applicants commencing a PhD who are awarded an Australian Postgraduate Award (APA) or University Postgraduate Award (UPA) within the UNSW Faculty of Engineering will be considered for this top-up scholarship. No application is required
- Students must commence their research before the census date of the semester, or the award will be allocated to another applicant
- $10,000 pa (in additional to the APA stipend valued at $26,288 p.a. in 2016)
- Domestic applicants only
- Scholarship holders undertaking a PhD are also eligible for an Engineering Supplementary Award (ESA) valued at $9,000 per annum (tax exempt). No application is required
- *Note that the APA/UPA conditions stipulate that income from employment or another source (eg: a scholarship), that is paid to specifically support or undertake the research cannot exceed 75% of the scholarship base rate. i.e approx. $19.7k